Do you want to feel like royalty? Look no further. The St. Regis Deer Valley provides a beautiful backdrop for either a winter destination wedding or an outdoor summer extravaganza. I went on a tour at St. Regis so that I could blog about it and I have never been treated this well in my entire life! And I was just there for a couple of hours - not a bride or a guest staying at the hotel. They treat the brides with the upmost respect and work with you and your budget. If you want to give your guests the time of their life- have your wedding ceremony and/or reception here. It's only 35 miles east of Salt Lake City, Utah and your guests will gladly take the time to be in heaven.
Situated in Deer Valley’s private Deer Crest community, The St. Regis Deer Valley provides the perfect setting for local and destination weddings. Just minutes from historic Main Street, home to the Sundance Film Festival, they pamper guests with refined service, premier amenities, and access to a world of year-round outdoor activities, including skiing, sledding, touring the 2002 Olympic Park, fly fishing, and mountain biking.
Dedicated to creating a culinary experience tailored to the refined tastes of the bride and groom, our Executive Chef and Personal Wedding Concierge invent unique menus and custom dishes that leave a lasting impression. From innovative small plates to sustainable dinner options, they source the freshest local ingredients, ensuring a beautiful memory that will last forever.
This mountain wedding venue is unique and beautiful. I highly suggest taking a tour so you can see what I'm talking about! In the mean time I will show you some pictures of a real wedding that Pepper Nix Photography did. Warning- it's breath-taking!
Request an appointment with a St. Regis Specialist and explore exceptional rates for your friends and family at The St. Regis Deer Valley. From custom flower arrangements to room décor to accommodations for your guests, our specialists will assure that each need is flawlessly met. They look forward to creating indelible memories for you to share on your wedding day.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR BRIDEACCESS -- St. Regis Deer Valley makes a beautiful backdrop for weddings of any size. Many chose our location for a destination wedding and some will come up from the valley for a change. Our staff makes the planning easy and stress free for all involved. Chose a date in April or May, October or November and receive a great value. Call us for personalized quotes.
I thought it would be a great day for 30 kissing facts...
1. On average a human will spend 2 weeks kissing in their lifetime. That is 20,160 minutes.
2. 50% of people have their first kiss before they are 14 years old.
3. An American woman kisses about 80 men before she gets married. WWWHHHAAATTT?!
4. According to Anthropologists, 90% of people kiss.
5. Philematology is the science of kissing.
6. The lower half of the face is one of the most sensitive areas of the body and you use 29 facial muscles when you kiss.
7. A study showed that about 66% of men and women turned their heads to the right during a kiss and 66% close their eyes.
8. Ancient Egyptians kissed with their noses. So did the Eskimos and Asian Pacific cultures- thats why rubbing noses is called an Eskimo Kiss..
9. Some cultures in the Himalayas don’t kiss at all.
10. Some cultures in Africa don’t kiss on the mouth because the mouth leads to the soul, and someone who kisses you can take your soul.
Photographer: Infinity Imagery
11. Butterfly kisses use only your eyelashes.
12. Our brains have neurons that help us find each other’s lips in the dark.
13. 40,000 people kissed for 10 seconds in Mexico City setting the world record for the largest number of people kissing at one time. Pucker up for Peace on Valentine’s Day was their theme!
14. A kiss can burn 2-5 calories a minute. The longer the kiss - the more you burn! Where is my husband?!
15. Men who kiss their wives every morning before going to work live 5 years longer than men who don’t.
16. September 1990 Alfred Wolfram kissed 8001 people in 8 hours. That’s 16 people a minute!
17. The worlds record longest kiss was a couple from Thailand who kissed for 50 hours and 25 minutes on 2/13/12. They broke the record of 46 hours, 24 minutes set in Thailand in 2011.
PS- the rules are your lips have to be touching at all times, must be awake, must stand up the entire time, no rest breaks, no diapers, no leaving the venue, remain embraced through bathroom breaks and you may drink through a straw while continuously kissing.
18. In China and Japan, kissing is considered to be a private activity.
19. In Malaysia and Pakistan you can have fines or jail time if kissing in public places.
20. The first kiss on film was in 1896 and was titled, "The May Irwin- John C. Rice Kiss". It showed the couple kissing close up for the entire 30 seconds of the movie.
Beyond the Dark Room Photography - The Slingshot Wedding Bride
21. “When you kiss, an enormous part of the brain becomes active,” said Helen Fisher, a research professor of anthropology at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, N.J.
22. Kissing releases chemicals that reduce stress hormones, said Wendy Hill, a neuroscience professor at Lafayette College in Easton, Penn.
23. The movie "Notorious" which starred Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman is one of the sexiest kisses in cinematic history. The Hays Code allowed kisses to last only a few seconds, so Alfred Hitchcock directed the film and had the couple kiss briefly while Grant was answering a phone call. The kiss seems to go on and on, but never longer than a few seconds.
24. Kissing is nature's natural cleansing process. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, kissing stimulates saliva, which washes out the mouth and helps remove the cavity-causing food particles that accumulate after eating. Saliva's mineral ions can even promote repair of small lesions in tooth enamel.
25. Kissing laws in the USA--
~ Boston, Massachusetts- You cannot kiss in front of a church.
~ California- It is illegal to kiss someone underage.
~ Colorado- it is against the law to kiss a woman that is sleeping. It is also illegal for men to kiss their wife on Sunday.
~ Hartford, Connecticut- it is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday.
~ Indiana- you may not kiss a woman when wearing a beard or mustache. Section 51. (a)
~ Iowa- A kiss may not last longer than 5 minutes. Also a man with a mustache may never kiss a woman in public.l
~ Pennsylvania- If you are less than 18 years old, you cannot kiss a person over 18 years old.
~ Wisconsin- It is illegal to kiss on a train. Statute 218.071
26. In Naples, Italy in the 16th Century, kissing was an offense that carried the death penalty!
27. The Hays Code from 1930-1968 made it so that people kissing in American films could no longer be horizontal. At least one had to be sitting or standing. All married couples slept in twin beds and if kissing on one of the beds occureed, at least one of the spouses had to have a foot on the floor. (This sounds like my high school dating rules!)
28. Lips are 100 times more sensitive than fingertips.
29. X's at the end of a note represent the contact of the lips during a kiss. Wow- I better watch who I'm writing XOXO to!
30. Kissing at the end of a wedding ceremony dates back to ancient Roman tradition and seen as a legal bond that sealed all contracts.
Photographer: Gideon Photography What a Wedding Kiss!
After reading all of the information I could get my hands on about kissing, I found that it can raise your self esteem, reduce stress, boost the immune system, and can be one of the most intimate and fun things to do with the love of your life! Now I can't wait to get my hands (and lips!) on the man I love! xoxo