Planning for your wedding day is fun, exciting, yet a little stressful. This is the one time in your life that gives you the biggest excuse to celebrate. The importance of this day encourages you to decorate to the extremes and look your very best. So, what on earth should you do with your hair? Let's ask Catherine, our hair and make up consultant from BrideQueen...
Choosing Wedding Hair Styles
On your wedding day, you want to feel as confident as possible. So, choose a wedding hair style that you are going to feel comfortable with. Let's take a look at some of the things that you may be uncomfortable with. Once your insecurities are defined, we will discuss how to work around them.
What Makes You Uncomfortable?
1. A bare forehead
2. Too much volume
3. Not enough volume
4. Your super curly, kinky hair
5. Your super thin hair
6. Your super straight hair
7. Your short hair
8. Not enough hair around your face
Now that we have pinpointed some of the most popular concerns among brides, We can start addressing those concerns.
Wedding Hair: Styles That Work with You
1. If having a bare forehead makes you "unbarebly" uncomfortable, then don't have a bare forehead! Add some swoop bangs to your wedding hair style and stay confident. Swoop bangs are a saving grace and they look incredible with most hair styles.
2. Too much volume give you thecreeps? No problem! Add less volume to your wedding hair style; however keep enough to leave a little umph to your style if necessary. On the other hand, you can avoid the volume completely if you can pull off a sleeker wedding hair style.
3. Need more volume? All you need is a Rattail Comb and some hair spray; better yet, a Bride Queen stylist! Rat, rat, rat, spray spray spray,....Bride Queen, Bride Queen, Bride Queen; now you have some serious volume!
4. Super curly and kinky hair is actually super cute! However, having it is a different issue. Women that have super curly hair often find themselves at a loss for wedding hair style ideas. Just remember, less is best with this type of hair! Have your Bride Queen stylist throw your hair up in a loose french twist or try some super cute hair accessories. Keeping things simple, lose, or accessorized can really show off your super cute curls!
5. Thinning or thin hair is such a damper! In most cases (at least from experience) women thin more on the top and this can really bring a queen down. Good news! If you are thin or are thinning anywhere and there is still sufficient hair to work with, a little ratting, smoothing, and maybe a little curling should do the trick.
6. & 7. If your problem is short or straight hair, it really isn't a problem. HAIR ACCESSORIES are one of earth's best inventions! Wear a cute headband, add some bejeweled bobbies to your bangs, where a stylish net hair clip, or try a flower clip...is your hair long enough to braid? There are endless possibilities! Work with what you got and with what earth has got to accent it with.
8. Having a fuller or a rounder face make many women a little insecure. These women like more hair around their face than not. For this type of concern, a down style or a half up half down style is a good choice. Keeping some of the hair down can frame the face beautifully. This look minimizes the fullness in a face, making that queen more confident. Frame your beautiful face and stay confident!
BEFORE and AFTER
Once you understand what makes you shine with confidence, then you can move on to the next critical step, the wedding day!